The 2012 Dia de Los Muertos festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetery is the largest celebration of its kind in California. This year’s event will reach back to the pre-Aztec roots of Dia De Los Muertos and explore the Mayan Gods, rituals and calendar.
This joyful celebration of our ancestors will feature:
- Musical performances by Ozomatli, La Santa Cecilia, Very Be Careful, Las Cafeteras, and Tribu
- 100+ Altars created by members of the community to their ancestors and loved ones
- Hundreds of Aztec Ritual Dancers in full costume
- An Art Exhibition in the Cathedral Mausoleum
- A children’s arts project area presented by LACMA (The Los Angeles County Museum of Art)
- A new Dance Plaza featuring historical and modern dance rituals
- Arts and Crafts vendors
- Food vendors from around Los Angeles
Dia de Los Muertos at Hollywood Forever
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Admission is $10 – children under 5 and seniors over 65 are FREE until 4pm.
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
6000 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Plan your visit to Dia De Los Muertos in advance by visiting the event website here.
On the event website you can find:
- Parking maps
- A full description of activities
- How to participate and create your own altar
Tickets are available for purchase here.