Fireworks! Live music! Starlight! Fresh air and good company… What’s not to love about Summertime concerts at L.A.’s magnificent and elegant Hollywood Bowl amphitheater?
Los Angeles Philharmonic has announced its Hollywood Bowl Summer Season for 2024.
From the press release.
2024 Season Highlights Include:
- Nine performances under the stars with Gustavo Dudamel and the LA Phil, including two nights with 18-time Latin Grammy winner Natalia Lafourcade, Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony and a celebration with opera stars Diana Damrau and Jonas Kaufmann
- Zubin Mehta’s highly anticipated return to the Hollywood Bowl after 30 years
- The world premiere of Marvel Studios’ Infinity Saga Concert Experience
- The Hollywood Bowl debuts of Laufey, Mitski, Mt. Joy and six-time Latin Grammy-winner Camilo
- Stellar artists including Beck, Chaka Khan, Christopher Cross, Count Basie Orchestra, Gary Clark Jr., George Benson, The Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes, Herbie Hancock, India.Arie, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Maria Schneider Orchestra, Mt. Joy, Patti LaBelle, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Sylvan Esso, Toto, Trombone Shorty, Vance Joy and more
- Classical superstars including Augustin Hadelich, Diana Damrau, Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Jonas Kaufmann, Joshua Bell, Midori, Pinchas Zukerman, Ray Chen, Yunchan Lim and more
- The first-ever Roots Picnic West Coast featuring The Roots, Queen Latifah, Common, Digable Planets, Arrested Development, The Pharcyde, Black Sheep and more
- Juneteenth Celebration with T-Pain plus specials guests and the Color of Noize Orchestra conducted by Derrick Hodge
- The return of the Hollywood Bowl Jazz Festival with two days of jazz’s finest including Jodeci, Kamasi Washington, Robert Glasper with special guest Yebba and more
- 100th Birthday Celebrations of the great Henry Mancini on Opening Night with Michael Bublé and a star-studded tribute to the legendary Sammy Davis, Jr.
- July Fourth Fireworks Spectacular with Harry Connick Jr. and the LA Phil led by conductor Thomas Wilkins and the end-of-season Fireworks Finale featuring Boyz II Men
- Herbie Hancock reunites for the first time since 1973 with the original players from the Head Hunters recording for a one-night-only jazz extravaganza featuring Harvey Mason, Bennie Maupin, and Bill Summers, and Marcus Miller filling in for the late Paul Jackson.
- The return of fan favorites including Maestro of the Movies featuring John Williams and the LA Phil, Tchaikovsky Spectacular with Fireworks, Reggae Night, Pink Martini with China Forbes, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long, and The Concert: A Tribute to ABBA.
- New subscriptions available Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 10 a.m.
- Hollywood Bowl Jazz Festival tickets available Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 10 a.m.
- Group sales for select concerts begin Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 10 a.m.
- “Create Your Own” packages available Tuesday, March 19 at 10 a.m.
- The Hollywood Bowl Box Office opens for single-ticket sales on Tuesday, May 7, at 10 a.m.
Programs, artists, prices and dates subject to change. Ticket limits may apply.
GUSTAVO DUDAMEL – LA Phil Music & Artistic Director Gustavo Dudamel returns for his 15th Hollywood Bowl season to conduct nine performances with the LA Phil, beginning August 29.
CLASSICAL – Classical Tuesdays and Classical Thursdays.
WEEKEND SPECTACULARS – Throughout the season, Friday and Saturday evenings will offer larger-than-life performances in the Weekend Spectacular series.
JAZZ – A broad and dynamic range of singers, songwriters, rappers, instrumentalists, and more…
KCRW FESTIVAL – The KCRW Festival, now in its 24th year, will bring performances highlighting diverse musical genres to the Hollywood Bowl.
SPECIAL CONCERTS – The Hollywood Bowl Jazz Festival returns with an all-star line-up.